ALCTS would like to apologize to you if you were among the many that were unable to watch the live presentation of the “Book Repair Basics for Libraries” webinar presented earlier today. We were using a different webinar software for this event because of the need to share video. We were unaware of the access problems we would experience. The system locked up on us early in the registration process due to the large number of people that tried to access the webinar at the same time. Only 100 people were able to access the webinar, instead of the 500 that we were told could get in. Again, we do apologize for the technical problems you might have experienced.
The quality of the presentation was wonderful and we hope you will take the time to watch the recording, view the presentation file that has many useful links, and complete the evaluation form. All of this information can be found on the ALCTS web site at http://ala.org/ala/mgrps/divs/alcts/confevents/upcoming/webinar/pres/091411.cfm
Currently the archive file is only available for .flv players such as Adobe Media Player. If you are unable to open the file, please try back in the next few days as ALCTS staff are working to make additional formats available.
A recording of the August 25 webinar, “What’s new with OCLC Resource Sharing Services,” is now available on the OCLC web site.
This webinar provides an overview of the following enhancements:
- New Lender String report. This report provides details about your library's interactions with specific lenders up to one year in the past.
- Custom Holdings symbol searcher. A new way to quickly identify which Custom Holdings groups contain a specific symbol (up to 10 symbols), so you can modify your custom holdings groups as needed when changes occur.
- New ILL work form fields to support article sharing. These fields provide the PubMed number (PMID) and the Digital Object Identifier (DOI).
- Email from anywhere. Allows your staff to send an email to another library from anywhere in an interlibrary loan workform.
- Improvements to Not Received feature. Now libraries can alert the lender that an item as not been received at any time after the lender updates the request to SHIPPED.
View the webinar.